[Fuglu-users] Message counting, example for tags, doc

Peter Laszlo Szabo peter.laszlo.szabo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:50:35 CET 2018

Dear List,

first of all, thanks for this great tool!

I'm about to test it for an installation and as far as i can see, fuglu is
a great tool. A few things comes to my mind after reading the docs.

1 - It would be perfect as a "policy enforcer". I mean, having a per
month/day/hour/minute rate limit for a given sender or domain. Is there
currently such a feature implemented? If not, maybe the Archive plugin is
suitable for this to be extended?

2 - The docs (
http://gryphius.github.io/fuglu/plugins-index.html#plugins-included-in-fuglu)
refers about plugins, what do you think about having a reference there on
the "extra" plugins (https://github.com/gryphius/fuglu-extra-plugins/)? Or
am i simply missing the reference?

3 - The docs says "Fuglu can be configured to treat outgoing mail
differently. Can you please elaborate it a little? As far as i can
understand, the only way to do is to match on the port fuglu accepted the
incoming request, which is a tag in the message object, and a corresponding
filter file needs to be created for this. Unfortunately i was not able to
find an example of a filter rule dealing with a tag in the message object,
just a mention of the "@" prefix to be used.

Thanks for your help in advance!

with best regards,