Fuglu is a mail scanner daemon written in Python. Installed as a postfix before-queue or after-queue filter fuglu can be used to filter spam, viruses, unwanted attachments etc.
Fuglu’s simple plugin architecture allows extending functionality easily (basic python skills required).
Fuglu’s features include
- Virus Scanning ( clamav / sophos / f-prot / … )
- Spam Filter ( spamassassin / rspamd / … )
- Mail Archive
- Attachment Blocker, with global/domain/individual rules
- Different behaviour for outgoing mail (eg. don’t scan for spam but scan for viruses)
- statistics (performance mrtg graphs, spam/ham , viruses , …)
- Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS) provider for postfix
- SPF, DKIM and other mail authenticity tests
- global/domain/individual configuration in SQL database
- easy to extend with custom plugins